So....what is the value of a good education nowadays? $50,000?...$100,000?....$200,000??? As I sit here in class (knowing that I am probably paying $150/day to do it), I feel as though I am in one of those movies, where the corporate "bigwigs" use my crisp $Ben Franklins$ to light giant Cuban cigars and laugh as they sip brandy.
I am well aware that I am "just" a student, but it's discouraging to sit here day after day, listening as powerpoints are read to me (something I could do from bed). This is often done by guest lecturers who are inexperienced or unprepared to instruct students at our level, and usually half the information in the slides seems like common sense or is completely unrelated to our current topics. Kinda feels like fluff/filler/bullshit.
Also, I feel as though I am a victim of a bait-and-switch. I thought I was going to be spending my time with more hands on training (ie placing lines, sutures, casting, taking histories, etc) and shadowing MD's in clinic. I really feel as though these were things the program focused on when I was applying/interviewing, but have slowly come to realize aren't going to happen.
JW+School+Buyer's Remorse=Typical American Debt
Dusty Souls and To Do Lists
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment