3/14/09

Afternoon Delight

Every time I think I have made up my mind about this program, something comes along and makes me question my own opinions. When I am totally confident in this program, and sure that I am on the right track...boom, one of the faculty does something that makes me slap my forehead. I think, "Is this honestly the people I am supposed to LEARN from?". Then, completely convinced I have wasted the past 12 months and $50K, I get a lecturer like I did yesterday morning and afternoon.
The guest lecturer was AMAZING. Not only was he completely on top of his game lecturing and answering questions, but he also provided us with tips on how to answer questions we are going to be getting from patients. He gave us scripting information we could use when talking to parents of small children and teenagers when sensitive topics arise in clinic. In a word, it was refreshing. I actually paid attention and asked questions, and anyone who can get me to either lift my head off the desk or stop G-chatting is definitely a good orator.
I am still convinced that this program could use vast improvement, but not in the area this guy was teaching, leave him alone. In fact, let him expand his lecturing to cover the entire section...they might just change my mind.
JW

No comments:

Post a Comment